1 Timothy 5 Wine
If you need information on 1 Timothy 5 Wine, then you are in the right place.
- Do not still drink water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake, and thy frequent infirmities. English Revised Version. Be no longer a drinker of water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. Good News Translation.
- People's Bible Notes for 1 Timothy 5:23. 1Ti 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake. I suppose the thought of Timothy's trials called to mind a sense of his physical condition. Hence, he gives a medical prescription. The water of that region is not good.
- 1 Timothy 5:23, KJV: "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities." 1 Timothy 5:23, NASB: "Do not go on drinking only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments." 1 Timothy 5:23, NLT: "Don't drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often."
- 1 Timothy 5:23 why non-alcoholic wine for Timothy’s stomach See also: Bible says be sober again and again. “No longer drink only water, but use a little [oinos] wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities.” (1 Timothy 5:23) Like the Greek term oinos, the meaning of Hebrew yayin is not limited to alcoholic wine.
- Dec 07, 2015 · Since the fermentation process would eliminate some of the harmful things in the water, it would be better for him to drink a little wine rather than water all the time. b. Use a little wine: Timothy was probably abstaining from alcohol for the sake of setting a good example. However, this abstinence was hurting his health – wine was safer to drink than water.
- Sep 20, 2020 · Biblical Translations of 1 Timothy 5:23. NIV Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses. NLT Don’t drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often. ESV
- The sense thus should be: “Be no longer a drinker of water only,but alsotake a little wine?” (see John 6:27; cf.1 Corinthians 4:20 with 1 Thessalonians 1:5). The apostle is not instructing Timothy to abstain from water entirely; rather, for medicinal purposes the youth was …
- 23 Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses. 24 The sins of some are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them. 25 In the same way, good deeds are obvious, and even those that are not obvious cannot remain hidden forever.
Did you find the information you are interested in about 1 Timothy 5 Wine?
We hope you have found all the information you are interested in on 1 Timothy 5 Wine. There is also a lot of other information related to wine on our website.