10 Facts About Bordeaux Wine
If you need information on 10 Facts About Bordeaux Wine, then you are in the right place.
- Aug 10, 2016 · Bordeaux Fun Facts! In the ancient days, the Bordeaux region was famed for its white wine with over 80% of the land dedicated to the production of white wines like Sauternes, Barsac, Bordeaux Blanc and Graves. The transition to red occurred in the 1970’s as Bordeaux’s signature red blend began to rise in popularity.
- The biggest AOC wine-growing region The total area under vines in Bordeaux amounts to 112,600 hectares, making it the largest AOC wine-growing region in France, with an average of …
- Bordeaux is a massive wine producing region. Bordeaux is also the world’s most popular wine region. In France, Bordeaux is the second most visited city. Only Paris receives more visitors each year than Bordeaux!
- Bordeaux is probably most famous for the incredibly expensive red wines that are made to age for a very long time, however this region is also home to significant plantings of Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon and Muscadelle – grapes used to make both dry whites and sweet dessert style wines.
- Aug 05, 2016 · Bordeaux (“Bore-doe”) refers to a wine from Bordeaux, France. Over 90% of Bordeaux wines are red wines made with Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. This article will introduce you to Bordeaux wine including tasting notes, food pairing suggestions, and key details to know. The first Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot vines originated in Bordeaux.
- The Top Ten Facts you need to know about the Graves appellation #1 Graves takes its name from the gravel soils found in the region. #2 Graves is one of the few Bordeaux appellations that is prized for both red and white wine #3 Graves is the only appellation in Bordeaux that produces red wine, dry white wine and sweet, white Bordeaux wine.
Did you find the information you are interested in about 10 Facts About Bordeaux Wine?
We hope you have found all the information you are interested in on 10 Facts About Bordeaux Wine. There is also a lot of other information related to wine on our website.